Funding Round Up, The Indian Startup Funding Weekly Update May 2022: This week, Indian startup eco system received $344 million in funding across 34 deals, down 35% from the previous week’s $532 million.
The Indian startup ecosystem lacked the energy in the second week of May, with stock markets falling and reports of a slowdown in investment momentum emerging.
Funding Round Up: 5 Big Startup Funding in India despite a subdued week
- Electric two-wheeler startup Ather Energy raised $128 million in a Series E round from National Investment and Infrastructure Fund Limited (NIIFL), Hero MotoCorp, and others.
- Fintech unicorn Razorpay raised $75 million in a secondary transaction ESOP sale from Lightspeed Venture Partners and Moore Strategic Ventures.
- Ecommerce enablement platform GoKwik raised $35 million in a Series B funding round from Think Investments, Sequoia Capital India, Matrix Partners India, and RTP Global.
- Edtech startup Skillmatics raised $16 million in a Series B round from Sequoia Capital India and Jalaj Dani Family Office.
- Edtech startup iNurture Education Solutions raised $15 million in a combination of debt and equity from ADM Capital.
$344 M worth investment deals singed in India in 2nd week of May 2022
This week, Indian startups reported total funding of $344 million across 34 deals—a 35 percent decline from $532 million in the previous week.
ApnaKlub, an FMCG wholesale platform, raised $10 million in a Series A round from Tiger Global.
EV startup MoEVing raised $5 million in a seed round from BeyondTeq, Strides One, TradeCred, N+1 Capital, and others.
HR tech HONO raised $5 million in a Series A funding round led by Aakash Chaudhry, Managing Director, Aakash+BYJU’s.
Merger and Acquisition Update
OYO acquired Europe-based ‘Direct Booker’ in a transaction valued at around $5.5 million.
Wellness platform CASHe acquired Sqrrl for an undisclosed value and entered the wealth management space.
Great Learning, an upskilling platform owned by BYJU’s, acquired Singapore-based Northwest Executive Education for an undisclosed value.